If you’re anything like me, when you find something that works well for you consistently, it becomes a staple you can rely on for some time. (Unless the product is discontinued, like THE perfect lip liner by Bobbi Brown called blush…) but thankfully, that doesn’t happen all that often.
Following are a few more of my favorite things that have served me well. They range in category and price range, but not in performance.
1. VPL’s (visible panty lines): If you are a person who dislikes VPL’s, but who dislikes the feel of a thong even more, your prayers have been answered. The original rise thong by Hanky Panky is the perfect marrying of comfort and function. The stretchy lace is soft and strong, but even better is the width of the back….wide enough to be comfortable, but narrow enough for no panty lines. Although it is O/S (one size) I find the lace extremely giving and the website states that it fits sizes 4-14.
2. Eyebrow Gel: Ever want to go make-up free but still feel the need to ‘groom’. Maybelline clear mascara is like magic. Even if you do not have a full brow and usually fill in with #3 (below), this product neatens the brow with a natural look and stays in place all day. Good for men too! (Just not too much)
3. Eyebrow Pencil: After trying practically every eyebrow pencil on the market, I found this incredible tool accidentally at Ulta. Eyebrow Wiz by Anastasia is a dual sided tool with a twisty brush on one end and the filler on the other. The first step is to brush the brows out, then lightly fill in the brow with soft brush strokes. Then brush again to blend. Easy peasy! It comes in a range of colors but if you have a hard time matching to your hair color and skin tone, ask one of the make-up artists to try them on you. Also available at Sephora.
4. Pantone’s Color: Sometimes, the color of the year does not flatter all of us. Lucky for us the color of the year is Marsala! It is slightly lighter than a red wine color and can be flattering on most skin/hair/eye colors. Personally, I prefer a deeper wine color and feel that it is even more flattering on most. If you feel like an outfit in this color is too bold for you, wear it in an accessory such as tights or shoes, or in your lipstick or nail polish color.
5. Shapers: There aren’t very many effective and comfortable high-waisted shapers with a thong back. There are, however, high-waist brief shapers like this one from Yummie By Heather Thomson, which works really well. For those of us who need the shaper to work overtime 😉 (and with the thong option) there is the Victoria’s Secret high-waisted thong shaper. This product is firm enough to do the job (however difficult it may be) but comfortable enough to wear every day.
That’s it for part two. If you need or want more info, please reach out, Joddie@JoddiesCloset.com or 732-616-1692.