The first in a series, this post category is about Beauty and Cosmetics.
I’ve invested in the pricey cosmetics as well as saved with the drug store brands. Over the years, I have probably used hundreds of products and although I’m always trying out “Allure’s best of beauty” products (Allure Best of Beauty), I do have a few of my own favorites to share.
1. Mascara: I’ve used some of the more pricey mascaras, such as Diorshow by Dior, which continues to do well on many lists of favorites. However, I always go back to basics with Maybelline great lash mascara in blackest black. It consistently does the job well and at a cost of about five dollars, it is well within my budget.
2. Tinted Moisturizer: When I first heard about tinted moisturizer, I was attracted to the idea that I could remove one step from my makeup routine, (something my husband would 2thoroughly appreciate). What I found was that the tinted moisturizers that I applied were too thick. Then I had the pleasure of a complimentary make-up application at the Laura Mercier counter at Nordstrom. It is there that I found a favorite tinted moisturizer that wasn’t too thick for my skin. To reduce the shine on oily skin, try a setting powder like this one from Mac prep + prime.
3. Shampoo & Conditioner: Here is where a salon product is worth the investment for me. Although, I also use the drug store brands of shampoo and conditioner and alternate, I have yet to find a shampoo and conditioner that consistently does the job as well as Nexxus signature product line, across all price points.
4. Lip Gloss: I’m not sure how many different ways there are to describe gloss or shine. However, if you look at all the product displays of lip glosses in retail stores, you can get a pretty good idea. My favorite one (and the one that seems to work best), is Dior Addict Lip Maximizer. It contains Hyaluronic fillers that moisturize , smooth and plump the lips. I use this every day, with or without make-up.
5. Body Butter and Body Mist: I recently discovered the Victoria’s Secret PINK line of beauty products. I was looking for a body lotion/body mist combo that was subtle and that had a fresh and clean scent. I found the warm & cozy fragrance of Body Butter and Body Mist. The body butter has a luminous finish and when you spray the mist after you’ve applied the body butter, the scent lasts all day.